Structural Steel Detailer 1
- Read and Interpret Architectural and Structural Building Plans
- Create set of Shop Drawings for Structural steel items showing required dimensions, welds, holes, locations.
- Create set of Shop Drawings for Miscellaneous steel items showing required dimensions, welds, holes, locations.
- Use and Understand AutoCad, including basic concepts and basic drawing setup and creation.
- Use and Understand basic ProSteel 3D operation and detail processes.
- Use and Understand Lisp Routines to Aid in Drawing Production
- Complete Job Drawings according to schedule requirements.
- Use & Understand Basic Weld Types and Sizing in various applications.
- Calculate various basic geometric elements involved in construction to include rise, run & radius.
- Understand Basic Construction techniques
- Plan & Calculate lengths and dimensions of various steel elements according to construction tolerances.
- Understand basic Fabrication Process
Preferred Knowledge & Qualifications for Steel Detailers
Read and Interpret Architectural and Structural Building Plans
- Distinguish between basic construction trade drawings
- Understand Basic Plan/Section Nomenclature
- Coordinate Gathering of Information between various trade drawings
- Interpet and assess relevant information in various sections and plans with regard to structural and miscellaneous steel.
- Locate and assess conflicts between trade drawings.
- Understand and Use drawing scale
Create set of Shop Drawings for Structural steel items showing required dimensions, welds, holes, locations, including:
- Imbeds: Anchor Bolts, Bearing Plates and Angles, Setting Plates
- Miscellaneous support steel
Create set of Shop Drawings for Miscellaneous steel items showing required dimensions, welds, holes, locations, including:
- Specialized Metal Fabrications
- Erection sheets
Use and Understand AutoCad
- Understand Basic AutoCad 2000 concepts
- Understand basic setup and Acad Drawing creation, including line, point, scale.
- Understand Acad 3D environment & 3D tools
- Understand electronic to printed media transfer
Use and Understand ProSteel 3D
- Set up and Model interconnecting structure
- Create connections between members
- Organize and prepare model for detailing
- Select, understand and manipulate detail styles for various part types
- Insert details on sheets
- Bill and finalize sheet
- Generate support information, including
- gather sheet
- bolt list
- materials list
Use and Understand Lisp Routines to Aid in Drawing Production
- Generate support information: Gather, Bolt List, Materials List
Organize and Plan Job Sizes and Standards According to Client and Design Requirements
- Find, read, and interpret Job specs
- Coordinate job specs with fabricator requirements
- Assess possible conflicts
- Identify possible fabricator savings
- Communicate and coordinate job standards with various trades
Complete Job Drawings according to schedule requirements
- Understand Basic Job Sequencing
Assess and adjust schedule according to Job progress
- Communicate Job Progress as pertains to overall schedule
Understand Weld Types and Sizes and apply their use to various steel applications
- Assess and interpret weld size and type design requirements to entire job
- Assess, clarify and implement weld changes for fabrication and cost considerations
Calculate connection element capacity (Bolts, Weld thickness) per design load elements
- Understand connections types, including:
- shear plates
- Understand UL and end reaction correlation and AISC design requirements
- Understand basic unit types: kip, pound, etc.
Calculate various geometric elements involved in construction to include rise, run & radius
- Use basic Algebra/Geometry concepts
- Understand ft./inch system to Metric
- Use Calculator to achieve geometric sizes
Understand Basic Construction techniques
- Understand Actual vs. Nominal dimension properties ~ Masonry, etc.
- Understand Job Site Requirements for stairs, space, etc.
- Understand Basic Construction Sequence: Concrete, Foundation, Masonry walls, Support Steel, Roof, Finish, Misc. Steel
Understand basic steel erection issues
- Tolerances & clearances
- Safety Issues
- Clearance for other trades
- Field Welding Requirements
Understand basic steel erection issues
- other miscellaneous fabrications
Communicate and assess job conflicts and questions with other construction trades, including: fabricator, contractor, architect and engineer.
- Write RFIs
- Communicate via telephone, fax and documents.
- Follow communication protocol
Document communication of job information including job changes, clarifications and requirements
- Complete project logs to document all communication
- Use Change Order, Change Estimate forms
- Communicate Schedule Alterations
- Approval Process Communications: Interpret, Incorporate & Communicate Markups
Understand the Fabrication Process
- Basic Cutting, Welding & Bolting in shop
- Handling & Shipping Limitations
- Material Ordering Process
- Field Bolt Requirements
- Paint & Galvanizing Requirements (Size, Type, Cleaning etc.)
- Fabrication Shop Standards
- Fabrication & Shipping Sequencing
- Health & Dental - available for employees and family
- Paid Vacation - with set increases
- Paid Sick Days - 5 each year
- Paid Company Holidays - 6 full days and 3 half days
- Retirement Plan - employer-provided
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and
preferred contact method to:
Rosemary Schneider, VP
920.849.2121 ext. 201
Please include the position you are applying to in the subject line
of the email and thank you for applying to CompuSteel Detailing.